Open innovation and collaborative business development (WP4)
Design an open innovation collaborative business model for SMEs.
Based on “open innovation”, SMEs involved in QuaLiFY will developed and test a collaborative business model. Market potential for personalised dietary services will be explored and be fed back to develop detailed business development plans, which might be adopted by other SMEs in relevant sectors to capitalise on access to the resources developed by QuaLiFY.
- Design a process for collaborative innovation and business development cooperation, known as ‘open innovation lab’, for SMEs and other partners in personalised nutrition
- Execute the process as a pilot by setting up the business model and structure for cooperation amongst the project partners, as if in a real life commercial environment, and thus prepare for a business cooperation that can be formalised if so desired
- Explore the market potential for product/ service concepts in personalised nutrition focussed on two areas, obesity and diabetes, and identify/ create options for collaborative business models in this field
- Elaborate detailed business development plans
- Consolidate the process description and experience into a ‘guidebook for open innovation business development’
- WP4 will design and demonstrate a suitable process to set-up and operate a cooperative business model, based on ‘open innovation’, and tailored to the needs of a group of SMEs and other partners, which aim to combine their wide range of competencies to deliver successful personalised nutrition offerings in the market (i.e. achieving lasting dietary behaviour change). Such ‘open innovation’ approaches in diet and health areas require specific facilitation due to the very different professional contexts. Effectively, the partners will explore/experience, through the project, all the aspects of setting up a business cooperation from which a generic method will be derived in a ‘Guidebook for open innovation business development’,
- Integration of dietary advice tools (WP1)
- Knowledge disclosure for personalised dietary advice services (WP2)
- Field labs for evaluation for business models and dietary advice services (WP3)
- Open innovation and collaborative business development (WP4)
- Dissemination and exploitation (WP5)
- Coordination (WP6)